Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Plan or Yours?

So since August this past summer God has really laid on my heart to go on a mission trip through the International Mission Board (or IMB). He literally placed an opportunity in my lap. I applied for this program called "Hands On", which is for college students to go and spend an extended amount of time in a designated place. My application was accepted, and I found out they were sending me to Kenya, Africa for a 5 month period. Of course, I was STOKED to find out about this adventure! I intensely prayed about God's will for me and this trip:                
                                              God is this really what you want me to do? 
If so, please provide an opportunity for me to go, support from my family, and the money I need to go. Your will be done and not mine. Amen.
The NEXT DAY I got emails and phone calls saying I was accepted, where I was going and what I needed to do next! Considering the back-to-back answers to prayers, I decided to trust God and seize the opportunity to serve God in Africa. Since then, God has blessed me with such a generous church family and close friends who are supporting me to go on this amazing adventure for Christ. 
    Do you also want to help me in this outreach? The BEST thing you can do is to PRAY. Prayer is crucial point to any ministry, and it would be most appreciated!
  •  Pray for the people I will be in contact with each day.
  •  Pray for my family at home to have courage and peace for me. 
  • Pray that God will give me the emotional, spiritual and physical strength to be the witness I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment