Sunday, January 13, 2013

Safe!!

I made it!! I made it to Johannesburg South Africa about 7am (Texas time)! The flight was looong but good. However over the past 48 hours or so I have only gotten 11 hours of sleep. Thankfully I have another "chill day" to get used to the time change. I have many stories about my trip but here is a few things I learned:

  • NOT a good idea to do Jumping Jacks on a plane.
  • It is very entertaining to watch people try not to fall asleep, or in my case watch the person next to you slap you in their sleep.
  • South Africa this time of year is GORGEOUS!! (Warm, breezy, friendly, and green!!)
  • God always answers prayers when you ask him specifically! 
  • God is always right besides you, no matter where you go in the globe. 
Pray for me this week as I go through orientation. Pray that I will boldly speak about Christ to many people. Pray that I will keep my eyes on Jesus so I don't get distracted. Thank you and Blessings be with you from J-burg! 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Happy you made it there safe. I hope it was a good flight!
    I hope security didn't give you all a hard time.

    ReplyDelete