Monday, June 15, 2015

What Do Canadians Say?

Late post! For some reason it didn't post, so let's pretend you read this last week! 
 6 days…. I have SIX DAYS until I find myself on a plane to Vancouver, Canada. (You know, I always thought everyone in Canada wore the color red, ate pancakes with maple syrup, and said “eh” all the time. I have no earthly clue why…)

I have been praying all year for this summer and for what adventure God had in mind for me next. I searched for mission trips and internships overseas for a while, and God kept bringing up Vancouver. I met a missionary who lives in Canada when he came, at my dad’s request, to speak at my church. We had a nice chat at lunch after the service and I briefly shared my experience in missions and student ministry. He mentioned something about a summer internship, so I gave him my info. Summer got closer so I decided to contact him to see if there were any openings for a summer intern. At the time, he didn’t have any planned so I started considering other options in Vancouver. After a few emails and Skype interviews, Craig, my missionary friend, messaged me about coming up for a few weeks to volunteer. The timing was impeccable… I literally was praying about it and my phone went off. And it kept happening that way!


Things started working out better than I could have planned it, so needless to say I am STOKED to see what God is going to do with me in Vancouver. I am just blessed to join him in His work! Pray for me as I assist with outreach for a church plant on the campus of University of British Columbia and build relationships with the campus community. Stay tuned for more “Adventures with Brindley!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment