Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Sunday


Five. Five that’s how many services I got to attend this Easter. The first one started at 6am. Me and 4 of my teammates rose early, walked to Ruraka Baptist Church (Behind our compound), climbed on top of the school’s roof and watched the sun “rise”. The thing was: it was cloudy and rainy. Everyone found a spot on the roof while I read Matthew 22-24 aloud. God just blessed me with a passion for reading the gospel. I can’t even begin to explain it. We just stood there, gazing at the majesty of our Lord.


 The view...

We had to climb the stairs and over a a wheel barrel... 

 Well, me and Amy went back to bed for an hour and a half. We got up, redressed, and headed to International Christian Fellowship with all the girls. ICF is a very Americanized church, as I have probably mentioned before… We sang In Christ Alone, Power in the Blood, Beautiful Things. He is risen indeed! 

  After THAT service, me and Ester ran by Java House for Breakfast part 2 on our way to Mamlaka Hill Chapel in downtown Nairobi. We made it just in time for the 12pm service. We attended worship in the main service (where we get to clap and dance! These people’s passion about God speaks volumes.) and went to the youth service upstairs for the message. Youth here is considered 18 years and older. This service lasted until 2:30! We made a lot of new friends, and reunited with some. We didn't eat lunch until 3:30 which is normal here.

 ICF is a mix of westernized church and Kenyan church...

 Me and Ester!



       Before we left for lunch the guys told us there was a concert at 3, and asked if we wanted to stay. They held our Bibles and got us seats, but when we said “Thank you” they replied “Eh, your family!” That little statement made my whole week. I have always loved Africa: the people, the cultural differences, the kids, even the dirt! I have always longed to be a part of this African family. That’s what these people did. They made me feel like family. God blessed me in such a huge way that day.  He is the reason we are all here, as one big huge family with a common goal. To take Christ with us everywhere we go and encourage our brothers and sisters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment