Thursday, September 6, 2018

"You Say..."


"You Say..." 
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
“Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know


You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe
What You say of me
I believe

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity,

Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory”

Have you ever felt unequipped or inadequate to accomplish a task that you have been given? Have you ever felt like you are not enough? Have you ever felt mistaken or misunderstood?

Lately, I have felt completely inadequate for the task given to me. Who am I to reach 10,000 first year students on campus? Who am I to even be considered or loved? What am I worth?

This song, “You Say”, has been a part of the new chapter I have stepped into in order to learn to walk in my identity found in Christ. I want to walk everyday in the freedom God gives me through what Jesus did at Calvary.

According to Rick Warren, author and pastor of Saddleback Church, identity is routed in these five basic truths. Because of what Jesus has done on the cross:
1)  I am fully accepted.
2) I am eternally loved. His love is unconditional and unending.
3) I am extremely valuable. Worth is based on what someone is willing to pay. Jesus                considered me valuable enough to pay with his life!
4) I am totally forgiven. That includes past, present, and future mistakes.
5) I am fully capable to do whatever he has called me to do.

These five truths have changed everything for me. I am no longer defined by my mistakes or failures. I am no longer defined by my insecurities that I am afraid of others seeing. I am no longer defined by my performance. I am defined by who God says I am!

I am beloved. I am accepted. I am forgiven. I am fully capable to do everything that He has placed in front of me. Why do I feel unproductive and like a failure if I don’t get things done? God has been so gracious to draw me close and help me catch a glimpse of what He wants to do on this campus. He keeps reminding me: “Brindley, I know your strengths and weaknesses, but I choose to use your weaknesses so that I can receive the glory. If I chose to use your strengths, you would think it was done only in your power. I am so thankful that He is the one who also says, “I know you have it in you, because I am alive inside of you!”

This has changed everything for me. It has changed the way I format my schedule, the way I look at myself in the mirror, and the way I walk through a crowd of people. I can now walk with my head held high because of who I am as a daughter of the King. 

If you need to remind yourself of your identity, check out this video! 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love. I love her song and I just finished listening to Rock.. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete